The purpose of community learning is to:
- support adults to build the confidence and skills they need to thrive in their work and personal lives
- make it easier for adults to access new opportunities to improve their lives whatever their circumstances
- enable families to achieve prosperity and wellbeing through a diverse range of family learning programmes
- promote social renewal by bringing local people together to experience the joy of learning and the pride that comes with achievement
- improve health and wellbeing
- change attitudes and behaviours through engaging with diverse community groups
- improve the social and economic wellbeing of individuals, families and communities by enabling them to enjoy success and progression in a specific area
We are developing a Community Learning Partnership (CLP) in collaboration with the BDVCS.
Local providers who deliver community and family learning will work with us on projects that complement our existing offer.